Friday, June 21, 2013

Five For Friday - June 21st!

Is it really Friday?? I guess the better question is, is it really June 21st already? Towards the end of the school year I had this great plan to get so much accomplished both at school and at home and I don't feel like I've done either. Oh well, with baseball winding down, I will hopefully have some more time on my hands. Tonight I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for her Five For Friday linky.

1. A few weeks ago our dryer of 13 years went out. I was kinda happy about this because our dryer took FOREVER to dry! And while I really wanted a washer to go along with the new dryer, I was okay with just having the dryer. Well, my husband ordered it and ordered BOTH the washer and the dryer!!! Thank goodness he did because I'm a little OCD and it would have driven me crazy having different looking machines. Well, I LOVE both my machines almost enough to make me really want to do laundry. (almost)
2. This year I am making the move from 3rd to 5th. I'm taking the place of a teacher who taught me and who I taught with when I began my teaching career 12 years ago. She was so kind to leave me things, but I have A LOT to look through. So I went up to school and began cleaning out shelves, closets, and file cabinets. The room is a mess and it's driving me crazy, but it has to look ugly before it looks organized!
3. When it rains, it pours. So far this has been my summer break:
- basement floods (flooring ruined...again)   - dryer goes out (spending money on new dryer)   - will need a new front porch to fix the flooding problem  - found out I need a root canal/crown  -had my root canal  - I was in a small fender bender while I was sitting at a red light. REALLY??? Surely I'm going to win the lottery soon! I think sometimes He gives me too much credit.
4.Another thing I said I was going to do this summer on top of the organizing, cleaning, trying new recipes, lesson planning, and relaxing (hahaha on that last one). I was also going to begin working out. I need to! So, I started on Monday. I'm one of those people that has to begin everything on Monday. Well, it's Friday and I'm still a little sore from that Monday-only work out. I'm embarrassed to say, I found excuses for not getting around to it the rest of the week.  BUT, starting Monday (wink) I'm going to really get after it. My husband and I have a bet going, and since I'm a super competitive person, I may just stick with it. Plus I want to buy some really cute teacher clothes.  One of my teacher friends is trying to talk me in to doing Insanity. I heard it's pretty insane, so maybe I'll give it a try.
5. Lastly...it's baseball season at our house. It's been baseball season since March! I LOVE baseball season, minus washing the red clay dirt out of the white pants. Since Monday, I have been at a  baseball diamond for either games or practices every day and will continue to be at the ballparks every day until June 28th. My oldest is playing in the State Tournament in Kansas City and went 2-0 today! My 3rd has a t-ball game at 9 back home, so we drove home 2 hours so he could be at his game. (Because his game is JUST as important!) After his game we'll drive back up 2 hours to watch my oldest. Then my 2nd child has a double header on Sunday. Then it begins again on Monday with Cade having a double header and Cooper playing as well. When I went to put Carston to bed Thursday night this is what I saw:
I mentioned he plays tomorrow...Saturday, right? And now you know why I just had to drive home 2 hours so we can make his 9am game tomorrow! We are actually going to visit family next weekend and will miss his game, so we've told him he has a BYE so he won't get upset. :)

I hope you all have had a wonderful week, and wish you a wonderful and productive (or not) weekend!

Megan



No comments:

Post a Comment