Friday, June 7, 2013

My First Five For Friday post!!

So I'm trying to get this blogging thing down and as I was reading all the blogs I follow, I noticed their Five For Friday posts. I have no clue what to tell you that would be remotely interesting or fun, but we'll try!



1. Baseball is in "Full Swing" at our house! I have four boys whose names all begin with C. 3 of those boys are playing and we told C4 that we signed him up but they just haven't given us a schedule. :) I know, it's mean, but you smart teachers can do the math. (3 boys that play baseball and only 2 parents.) The thought of having C1, C2, and C4 all playing on the same night, at the same time, at different fields caused me to not be completely honest with the 4 year old. **C3 actually plays on weekends. As does C1 and C2!**


2. The other day I drove a few hours to go to a BIG book sale. Unfortunately I am walking in to an empty classroom library, so I went searching for some books at a reasonable rate to begin my own. Now I will be scouring blogland and Pinterest to figure out just how to organize it all.  I managed to buy 50-60 books, which I thought was a pretty good start. I also stopped by Mardells and picked up some boarder and posters. Now I just need to get in to my classroom and start the cleaning and organizing process.

3. I've been stalking the USPS to see when my Erin Condren planner will come in.  A few of my friends also ordered one, like we all hit the submit button at the same time! Yes, we are weird like that. Well, it shipped on June 1st and we still haven't gotten it, but I'm holding out hope we'll get it tomorrow. I can't start my planning until I get it. Is it sad I am THAT excited for a lesson plan book? 

4. I am not much of a cook. In fact, I really don't like cooking. Baking on the other hand...sign me up! I made banana bread today for breakfast tomorrow. I LOVE the smell of banana bread baking in the oven! Makes me want to go to sleep so I can wake up and have a piece to start my weekend. The boys are so excited and the two huge loaves I made will probably only last a few hours.
5. You know how they say things happen in 3s? Well, it's happened here. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but when we got our 12 inches of rain to begin the week, our basement flooded...AGAIN! So again we will have to replace flooring out of pocket. The upside, if there is one, is I get a new front porch and sidewalk. The downside, we'll be forking over some money. ONE

When walking down to the concrete floor basement to switch over laundry I noticed the clothes in the dryer were still wet. Hoping the door wasn't shut or that clothes may have hit it open, I hit the button to restart it only to hear a buzzing sound and then nothing. So, I've spent all day looking up dryers. TWO

And after I spent my morning looking at dryers, I headed to the dentist because my teeth are killing me. Come to find out, I clinch me teeth when I'm stressed. Hmmmm...so now I am on drugs and may have to have a root canal and crown. THREE

I am really praying that my Monday will kick off a lot better than last Monday! The sun is supposed to be shining this weekend, so I'm just going to enjoy it with a piece of banana bread, take in a tball and baseball game, and continue checking the mail for my planner! Be sure to link up to Doodle Bugs and include your Five For Friday!


~Megan









1 comment:

  1. Things do come in threes...I've seen that happen way too many times.

    Good luck with finding a way to organize your books! I reorganize mine every year it seems because I haven't found the way that works for me yet. It probably doesn't help that we're going through curriculum changes within my district right now. :)

    Your blog is very cute and organized. I like it!

    ReplyDelete