Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Big 'ol Mess!

I don't know about you, but I am one of those people that when I clean or get the itch to organize, I have to take everything (and I mean everything) out of the drawer/closet/pantry, wipe it all down, and then slowly decide what to put back in an orderly fashion. It drives my husband crazy because I usually decide to clean out the kitchen cabinets around dinner time, or my bedroom closet when he wants to go to bed.

Today, I ran up to school because my kiddos were all at different activities and the school has already waxed all of the floors! Woohoo!!!  Last year I taught 3rd grade, but this year I'm moving up to 5th after taking the place of a retired teacher. (A teacher that taught me and then I taught with before I stayed home with my kids.) I am so excited about the move, but have so many things to do to prepare. The first thing on my list is to get my room organized. You should see that list. But we'll talk about lists another time, I'm sure.  For now, I give you exhibits A and B:


 

All of the back cabinets have been emptied out on to the desks. The shelving that runs the length of the window wall in Exhibit A has also been cleared. Exhibit B is the shelving behind my teachers desk area and will be the last shelving I go through. I plan on keeping one set of shelves for every subject I teach back there, which is basically how the teacher I am replacing did it. I am OCD in the fact that everything must have a place. Right now I'm a little stressed walking in to this room.  Let's face it, who wouldn't be? But, I'm taking my deep breaths, I'm feeling good about the fact the floors are already waxed and done, and I know that it always has to be messy before it can be organized. I think it's safe to say I've got me a BIG 'ol mess!

I can't wait to share with you all the "After" pictures! Until then, happy organizing!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment